We have now moved into a new and colder season which is the perfect time to stay more at home and start creating some new fun projects! Gather your kids and family members and get creative together. Here are two simple things you can make at home with your loved once!
L A V E N D E R S O A P S T R I N G
Use this gorgeous soap string as a scented decoration any where in your house and let the calming scent of lavender fill the room which is great for stress relief and for improving sleep.
Follow the below link for the danish version of the recipe
What you will need:
- 380 ml / g cold water
- 155 g of sodium hydroxide
- 500 g palm oil ECO
- 500 g coconut oil, solid ECO
- 10 ml of lavender oil (or essential oil of your preference)
- 1 weight
- 1 pot (not aluminum)
- 1 bowl (glass or stainless steel)
- 1 hand blender
- 1 spatula
- 1 spiral whisk
- 1 measuring spoon set
- 1 mold, (mold for bread, from cheeses, ice cream, etc.)
- Indicator paper
Before you start make sure you have read the instructions carefully, that your utensils are clean, that every thing is lined up you have a thermometer at hand!
- Start by mixing the Natrium hydroxid into the water while stirring slowly. This will create heat and fumes - make sure not to inhale the fumes. The temperature rises to above 70C and will slowly come down to 43C
- In a separate saucepan, melt palme oil and and coconut oil over low heat and let it reach 43C
- When both mixtures reaches 43C you poor the oil mixture into the water mixture while whisking slowly
- Take your hand blender and blend the mass for about 1 min. until it begins to thicken and the blender leaves traces.
- Add essential oil of your choice, we used lavender and stir well with the whisk
- Pour the soap mass into a mold and tap the mold lightly against the surface to avoid air bubbles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and wrap the mold in towels, the saponification goes faster when the soap mass is kept warm.
- Set if necessary the soap in the freezer for a few hours, this will make the soap is easier to get out of the mold.
- When the soap is set you take out the cubes casually and sculpt them.
- Carefully with a knitting pin make holes in each bead.
- Let them set over night before you assemble the Lavender soap String.
Assembling: Start by lining your beads up so you can see how much string you will use - remember to add a bit extra for the knots in-between. Then tie the sting through the beats and tie the knots in-between all beats.
The soap is ready for use after 4 weeks. The pH value must be approx. 8-9
E A S Y N A T U R A L R O O M S P R A Y
Create a nice vibration and energy in your house by creating your own natural room spray that is much easier than you think and you can fragrance it however you like!
What you will need:
- Spray bottle
- Essential oils of your choice
- Witch Hazel, rubbing alcohol or vodka
1. Start by filling the bottle halfway with witch hazel (or rubbing alcohol or vodka) This will help the oil and water to combine.
2. Fill the rest of the bottle with water
3. The just add around 20-30 drops of essential oils of your choice (depending on how big your bottle is). We combined eucaylpus and rose oil.
4. Shake the bottle well to mix all the ingredients .
5. Ready to spray around the house!
We want to give a huge thank you to Urtegaarden who helped us with the necessities for these home projects. Check out Urtegaarden for the materials you need for creating these project or their magical range of essential oils here