Guide: How to manage your yoga practice at home in these times
We hope that you are all okay, that you are trying to see the good things that are coming out of everything happening these days and especially trying to give yourself some extra time to connect with yourself.
If you are not used to having a home practice it can be quite difficult to change your routine of going to the yoga studio filled with loving people to now having to do it by yourself, at home. It can be hard to find the motivation to continue your practice but remember that it is in these times we need our practice the most.
To help you out in these times we have gathered our best tips on how to manage your yoga practice at home, so let's jump right into it!
- Firstly, you will want to create a space for your practice. An uncluttered place that is your safe space and where you know that it is time to ground yourself and connect with yourself
- You want to make sure that you have the props that you will need for your practice. Most importantly make sure that you invest in a yoga mat that you love and then make sure to have your essential props as a strap, yoga block and bolster.
Finding your practice:
We are fortunate to live in a time where practices online are of better quality than ever before. There is a jungle out there with different types of yoga classes online and it is important to try out different yoga classes and teachers in order to find the perfect one for you.
- There are many live classes going on in this time and this can be a perfect thing for you if you feel like you would still like to connect with other people, it creates a different vibration when you know that you are doing it together with other people. Another good thing with live classes is that they are scheduled which makes it easier for you to schedule it on your agenda and actually show up.
- Then there are a ton of classes on YouTube and many different online studios that you can become a part of. It can be hard knowing what works best for you and that is why it is so important to try out different things!
Connecting with people in order for you to stay motivated:
One of the things that we can miss the most with our home practice is that we do not have the same community as if we go to our yoga studio. Our connection with other people, our teachers and all the lovely people we meet through our practice is now instantly gone.
We feel like in order to feel motivated for your practice it is so important to connect with like-minded people and motivate each other. Thankfully, there are many different ways for you to be able to connect with people.
- Follow inspiriting and motivating yogis on Instagram
- Become a part of an online community where you can connect with people. There are so many ones out there so find a community that you like and can connect with. We also have the MyCommunity that you can join if you want to connect with the people within the Moonchild community
- Have a specific friend that you agree with that you will motivate and inspire each other on this home practice journey. Share a picture with each other, quotes and experiences and new insights that you receive after your home practice. It is your little yoga buddy that holds your hand and motivates you when you lose your motivation.
Take care of yourself and each other, remember to spread light and positivity in these times.
Leave a comment