Coconut Macaroons Recipe
It's time for a new recipe at the Moonchild Journal!
Need a delicious, simply and gluten free option for a dessert or snack when weekend hits? Then we have a great option lined up for you! Coconut Macaroons have always been a great gluten free option and while they are delicious, we wanted to share a recipe that is absolutely delicious but without all the refined sugar!
These are super quick to make, have very limited clean up time and they are sure to be a crowd pleaser! They are naturally gluten free, dairy free, flour free, refined sugar free, paleo and most importantly... gooood! They are perfect for parties, as a dessert or even for an afternoon treat with friends and family. The perfect coconut lovers treat! The chocolate drizzle is our favourite part! ;)
Give them a try - you won't regret it!
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (45 grams) coconut oil
1 tps salt (a sprinkle of salt)
2 (30 grams) tbs maple syrup
1- 1.5 cups (128 - 192 grams) coconut flakes depending on flakes you use.
Optional chocolate to drizzle on top
1. Preheat oven to 175C (350F)
2. Whisk the egg whites.
3. Melt the coconut oil (on low, it doesn't need to be warm).
4. Add the coconut oil, salt and maple syrup to the whisked egg whites. Mix together.
5. Add the coconut flakes and mix to create your "dough".
6. Form little balls on baking sheet. If the texture of the "dough" is a little watery and if it is hard to form the balls then add a little more coconut flakes. It is important that they are not too dry, but you should still be able to shape the balls on your baking sheet.
7. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
8. Let cool before you drizzle the chocolate on top.
Leave a comment