Anti-Inflammatory Healing Turmeric Soup
Is there anything better or more comforting than a nice bowl of warm healing soup on a cold winter evening?
It has been a while since we shared a favorite recipe on the Moonchild Journal and found that today would be the perfect day for it! We are in the midst of December and that means chilly days, lots of gatherings and potentially a little too many sweets, treats and inflammatory foods. While there should always be room for this and it should be enjoyed, it is important to take care of that beautiful body and not forget to do so during a busy times. Which is why we are sharing this delicious anti-inflammatory, gut healing, turmeric cauliflower soup with you today!
This soup is filled with delicious superfoods to heal from the inside, while also being filling and glorious tasting!
Let me break it down, to help show what I mean when I state that this is a healing and nourishing soup. Cauliflower is an anti-inflammatory, cancer reducing vegetable that aids in weight loss, heart disease, balancing hormones and it is packed with vitamins and minerals. Full fat coconut milk is great in soups because it not only provides that delicious thick consistency and flavour but it helps to keep you fuller longer. Its the good kind of fat! Ginger and turmeric are super powerful spices that are also anti-inflammatory, detoxifying and gut healing. And while all of this is amazing for our bodies, we need to remember to think of our tastebuds and I promise you, they will be satisfied. This soup is so yummy you almost wouldn't believe the ingredients are so clean.
This soup is vegan, dairy free, gluten free and sugar free.
Give the recipe a go and share with us what you think on Instagram!
Recipe: Serves 4
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs turmeric
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃ (390℉).
2. Cut up your cauliflower into smaller pieces.
3. Spread on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, 1 tbs turmeric and salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes (you want it to be golden brown).
5. While this is baking in the oven, take a medium pot and begin to cook 2 tbs olive oil, the onion, the 2 garlic clove, 1 tbs tumeric and 1 tbs ginger in the pot on medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Once the onion and garlic are a golden brown, add the lentils and stir into the mixture. You want to cook the lentils slightly in this mixture before adding the baked cauliflower and coconut milk.
7. After about 2 minutes of cooking the lentils, add the cauliflower and the coconut milk
8. Now you are going to let this sit and cook for about 15-20 minutes on low heat - stir occasionally. Make sure to stir, so that you don't burn the mixture at the bottom of the pot.
9. After the 15-20 minutes, all you have to do is blend it all together, to get a nice thick texture. Once fully blended, pour the soup back into the pot. At this point, if you think the mixture is too tick, you can add either a little more water or a little more coconut milk. Water will lighten it up the most. Add water based on the thickness you prefer for the soup.
10. Now you are ready to serve! You can top with a little extra olive oil, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, tomatoes or some extra oven roasted cauliflower!
Leave a comment